Food. Fashion. Fitness.

Saturday 19 February 2011

I First Started Running In 2004......


I was never one for exercise but after having 3 children I decided to start running and try to get fit.

Running!! That is something you do when you nearly miss a bus! Right!?

My first mile was hard going; I must have stopped 10 times to catch my breath!

I booked my first race. I trained hard. Well as hard as I could for an overweight mum who did not like running! The Great Manchester 10k run was on the 23rd of May 2004. Eek..

I decided to do the race to raise money for charity. Something to work hard for and the thoughts of doing good would help me run around the course.

All Charity's are great and I picked Cancer Research UK to run for as my grandma was recovering from Cancer...

I raised a total of £210-00 which I was very pleased with. The race itself was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.

I said to my husband as I finished: Never again!! Never again!!

Here is a few photos of the day.

Below with my dad who filmed some of the race.


I also got to have my photo took with Sonia O'Sullivan and Craig Mottram.


A smile before the race started. Dressed in a pink ballerina skirt my mum had made me, too run in and my Cancer Research UK vest.


A photo before the start with my dad who had come with us to cheer me on.


Did somebody mention Craig Mottram!?


After the race!! 

I looked and felt like a beetroot!!

Soon after this race, I stopped running. Not that I was ever any good!! Or that the race itself put me off running. I took another year out to have my 4th child.

I started training again in September 2005 for my 2nd 10k race on the 6th of May 2006 Rother-Vally a 2 lap course, this one I finished in 1hour,41sec....

I was so tired out after this race I said to my husband "I never want to run again"!!

For some strange reason I carried on running and the 29th of October 2006 I did my first 13.1 miles race: The Worksop Half Marathon. Even though my legs went wobbly at the end, I was very pleased with my time of 2 hours 18 minutes and 02 seconds.

A lot has changed since my first run and races. I always surprise myself. I carried on running and do not give up when the going got tough. (And there is always tough days) Nothing has change in my training I still work as hard as I did then just a bit faster now....

What will be my next goals!?

I First Started Running In 2004. When did you start running or a fitness routine?

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig